How to Participate
There are two ways to be involved in the virtual symposium and it is up to you to decide how you participate. Choose one, two or all three of the following:
1. Research Presenter
- All graduate students are eligible. Are you getting a Master's Degree? Specialist? Doctorate? You are all able to participate.
- Register to present your research in the symposium, please complete all of the required information in the Registration Form prior to March 21, 2015.
- After registering for the symposium you will be contacted to complete your online profile and create your video or slide presentation. Your online profile consists of your 100-150 word bio, any photo of yourself you wish to provide, links to external sites or social media platforms and your presentation. If you are unsure about how to create your presentation, instructions and resources to complete the task are available on the Resources pages. If you would like to modify bio information from a previous symposium, please contact Marlena Bravender, email@example.com.
- Presentation Information
- Researchers are asked to submit links to a 5-8 minute video or slide (with voice over) presentation. Presentations should be uploaded to a video and/or slide sharing platform such as Youtube or SlideShare. All video presentation links must be submitted to Marlena Bravender, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28th, 2015. The videos will then be available to other candidates and faculty to view and submit questions April 4th-7th. Researchers will respond to questions and comments during that period.
- To comment, rate or review the virtual presentations submitted by the researchers, simply view a researcher's profile and watch their presentation. Following the viewing, sign in to the DISQUS comment system using your preferred online identity and post a relevant comment or pose an insightful question. The researchers will receive and respond to comments during the comment period of April 4th-7th.